What is the best software for designing a house?
- Best Overall: Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design with Landscaping and Decks 10.
- Best for Mac: FloorPlan Home & Landscape Deluxe Mac 2021.
- Best Option for Easy Use: RoomSketcher.
- Best Mobile Option: Homestyler.
- Best Free Option: SketchUp.
- Best for Landscaping Design: Lands Design.
What does Joanna Gaines use for design software? Fans of the hit show Fixer Upper will be desperate to know which software Joanna Gaines uses to layout her designs before the renovations begin. The home design software in question is in fact SketchUp Pro (opens in new tab), which is the rather pricey professional version of the free SketchUp program.
What do designers use to design houses?
- BEST OVERALL: Virtual Architect Ultimate Home Design.
- BEST VALUE: Total 3D Home, Landscape & Deck Premium Suite 12.
- PROFESSIONAL PICK: Chief Architect Premier Professional Home Design.
- BEST FOR COLLABORATION: SketchUp Pro.
- BEST EASY-TO-USE: RoomSketcher.
- BEST BROWSER-BASED: Space Designer 3D.
- BEST FREE: Homestyler.
What app does HGTV use to design houses? HGTV has three primary home design software programs to use when designing your future dream home – The Home Designer 2.0, Architectural Designer, and Sketch Up. Software can be found on the HGTV website for purchase if you are interested in the design process!